BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Nostalgia/Forward thinking

My DM review isn't much different than Heather's... so I'm not gonna post it.


However, the concert did remind me of why we still go to see our BELOVED performers.
It really is great to see someone that has provided the soundtrack of your life
taking you back to when you were 13, 17, 22, whatever. They're older, but so are we...
and it's nice that the same song(s) can create a new memory or have new meaning
and be relevant in your life today, in a different way.

Madonna, in particular for me (duh) has this affect every time I see her. To see her perform
a song like Get Into The Groove, Vogue, Like A Prayer, etc. I'm simultaneously taken back to the age I was when it was released, and applying the performance to the man I am today.

Its an odd LOVE/HATE thing for me. I hated Junior High and High School passionately. But then I'm instantly be comforted by a song
that helped me get through those terrible, angst ridden teen years.

So I guess it's okay to look fondly over your shoulder at the past, knowing that you're still walking forward to the next challenge, still filing away memories along the way.

Pay attention to what you're listening to now... because 10 yrs from now it'll be on your Life's Soundtrack, too.


peace
R



2 comments:

scarjam said...

So true...
I wonder how much my musical taste has changed since I've gotten older??
Sometimes I feel it has advanced, then I go right back to Jade...

Ryanmad said...

...and S.W.V.!!! You're musical taste has advanced BTW!