BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Building Difficult Bridges.


The people we hate most are the people with whom our souls came back to make amends.

Today, approach an enemy with an olive branch. There is tremendous opportunity in building the most difficult bridges.




I feel like I have been apologizing all morning!!! I know I am not always the easiest person to get along with, but I also feel that most of the time I AM. I don't ask for much from people and it seems that I am somehow always getting the short end of the stick. I have been (over the past few months) trying to exorcise negative/toxic people from my life but I also realize that I also have to work at not being one myself.

A friend of mine posted this in her blog, and I couldn't agree more--

"If you don't care about me, I'm done giving a fuck. You are selfish and gross and need to grow the fuck up. If you have nothing but bullshit for me you're next."



It's only fair, you know?

1 comments:

Ryanmad said...

I am here to tell you that what you're doing is the right thing. It isn't easy to be proactive when someone pisses you off, and to turn the other cheek so to speak.
Just because you may get the short end of the stick doesn't mean that's the less desirable end, either... sometimes its just been less deep into the bullshit. ;-)

Sending out an apology, whether responded to or not, still covers your end of the resolution of the situation.
as your wise friend mentioned, just be done giving a fuck. They will (or won't) come around in time, its in their court now. So... fuck 'em if they don't accept!