BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

work



I've found that this blog has given me the outlet to let my truest and most honest thoughts come out.
It makes me very sad reading what I was like this time last year. I was so HOPEFUL about so many things, yet so BROKEN. Now, after a year of hard motherfucking hard HARD work (physically and emotionally) I have actually made all those hopes MOSTLY a reality. Working 6 days a week as a hairstylist is tiring on the body and exhausting to the soul... BUT,
I wouldn't trade a minute of this last year. I've found that I'm a very resilient person. I'm at the top of my game. I'm not perfect, and there's always room for improvement, but I've never felt so confident in WHAT I DO for a living. I help people feel their beauty inside, and see it on the outside.
Being in the beauty industry is so much more than (as my coworker said) "playing Barbie all day"...
that's true if YOUR Barbie dolls were:
Getting Married,
or Getting Divorced,
or their parents died,
or they are pregnant,
or they are trying desperately to get pregnant,
or they've had a miscarriage,
or they cheated on their spouse,
or they were cheated on,
or they lost 75 pounds and feel hot! hot! hot!,
or gained 75 pounds and feel miserable,
etc. etc. etc..

Its not make believe, and this is what we take in on a daily basis.
Fortunately our biz allows us to work out our problems with people, too. I know that my clients know (and hopefully keep) as many of MY SECRETS as I know (and keep) their's.
For me personally, I need to see that spark of beauty inside my client before I can truly make them beautiful outside. I always find it, too.... but this is why I talk to my clients and get a feel of where their at that moment.

Some people may see my job as just fun... and it is, but there is so much mental work that goes along with it. I still sometimes have a feeling of nervousness that today may be the day that I've lost it, or I say the wrong thing to the wrong person, etc. These are few and far between. But it goes to show how I even have to multitask my thoughts... all while accommodating whomever is in my chair, preparing for who is next. Its fun, but its still work.

I have a mountain of work ahead of me for 2011, and I'm excited to give myself a new set of goals and challenges. When I set my mind to something, it usually happens.

When the work ain't hard, I don't think its work.

peace.

r


1 comments:

Heather B said...

LIKE LIKE LIKE

This is why your clients love you. :)