BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here we go.... again.

So, I moved salons. Again. I don't even know and its probably not important HOW many I've worked in over the last 13-14 years. I only just recently stopped working from home while on my 'sabbatical' from Salon Life, and I didn't realize or give myself enough credit for being a businessman/entrepreneur. I'm back at Pure Spa, and in this half a week, I've been pretty much full time... and I've gotten so much NEW business and cooperation from my co-workers that I'm a little dumbfounded. I really can't believe I wasted 6 weeks at the other place.. not really wasted but it was VERY slow, unorganized and not me. I like order, efficiency, dependability, and cooperation... what I feel I bring to the table wherever I work.

I am definitely in the middle of a transition, and I feel my presence is not only valued, but NEEDED.. so I'm happy to be of service, but I haven't had a full day off in 15 days. I'm tired and amped up at the same time.
Heather and I were talking while I did her weekly haircolor, that I was afraid I would go back into full-on Workaholic mode... which hasn't been the case. I have managed to set aside time for myself... That is a NEW concept for me.
I know I'm rambling, so I'll shut up. Just wanted to share a little bit of my 'ordered chaos'.

peace-
R

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Darling I am just trying to come up with the PERFECT sidebar photo for my page so I can link you, I have been meaning to thank you for coming by my zany little world I live in, where I have 3 days of growth on my face and scuffed shoes, which you ever so kindly came and graced your presence with. I wholly thank you SO much!

I know about the whole thing about being in the beauty biz, I haven't worked for a line or company in awhile as I have taken time off for inner healing and such, but GOD how I wish that being in the industry could be so much easier: less attitude, more love, etc...I always dreamed of opening my own little shop with a salon, filled with the most laid-back of stylists who kept up to date on everything but also were not afraid to take chances.

A makeup artist, and self taught I wish that from all of the corporate work I have done, that I could work under an apprentice to do facials, but in the state of Oregon, as long as I follow proper sanitation laws, I am free to do my craft. I miss a lot of the kind, enthusiastic, and ultimately sweet people I have worked with over the years, so I understand about starting anew.

Good luck at your new salon, just never ever lose your edge and remember to flip off the people who say you need to "tone yourself down"...remember, for an artist there is NO room for rules or fascism :) xo

Heather B said...

I think you are doing a wonderful job at balancing yourself; you do have a lot of chaos (as everyone does) but you're managing it swimmingly and I am super proud of you. And I will always be around to help you if you feel yourself start to lean in a different direction.

:)

p.s. LOVE MY COLOR!